Asphalt Engineering paves all driveways with road paving equipment leaving our customers with a much longer lasting product that can withstand more weight than the typical driveway.
Our Equipment Fleet Includes:
- 5 ton double drum vibratory roller – this roller allows for maximum compaction
- NEW Leeboy 8515 – road grade paver that can pave 9′-15′ passes seamlessly
- NEW Caterpillar 420E Backhoe – allows for deep dig excavation, stump and boulder removal with no damage to roadway pavement
- NEW Bobcat T870 – optimal power and traction for grading and excavation
- In addition several well maintained fleet of dump trucks and support vehicles.
A Typical Driveway Install Involves:
- Initial on-site engineering review and estimate
- Rip up and remove existing asphalt and sub-base (up to 12″ as needed, removing any large rocks, stumps, roots or unsuitable material)
- Add proper sub-base material ( 3/4″ dense grade or 3/4″ reprocessed material)
- Grade for proper water runoff and compact with 5 ton vibratory roller (ensures proper compaction)
- Pave 2″ bindercoat / compact w/5 ton roller ( 1.5″ after compaction)
- Pave 2″ topcoat / compact w/5 ton roller ( 1.5″ after compaction)
- Seal seam at road and put up caution tape. Vehicles must stay off for 5 days until driveway has cooled off and hardened
“Our experience from beginning to end was unusually positive. Everyone we dealt with, from office staff, to estimater, to road crew was great! Small details were taken care of with quality. They went out of their way to work with us to make sure we got the end product that we wanted. It was the best contractor service I have had.” - Groton, Massachusetts Homeowner